Have you ever gone to work or a party and, hours later, discovered that your perfume is all but gone? I know the feeling, and it's not fun. But with a few simple tips, it's easy to make sure your favorite scent lasts all day long. Here are my best tips for keeping your perfume fresh and vibrant so you can enjoy its lovely aroma all day long.
Keep the bottle upright and keep it cool.
- Perfume bottles are like trees, they should always be upright!
Store in a dark place away from sunlight, heat and moisture.
- The first step in taking good care of your fragrance is storing it in the right place, in the right way: sunlight and artificial light can damage the chemical links that conform the fragrance, so keeping it in its original box is a good way of protecting it!
- Make sure you always keep your fragrance in a cool and dry environment; humidity and heat are your enemy!
Perfume is meant to last you all day but there are ways to ensure it does
- There are a few ways to make sure your perfume lasts all day. The first is to keep it away from heat and sunlight, which can cause the scent to evaporate faster. This means keeping your perfume in a cool place where there's not much humidity, like a vanity!
- Another thing you can do is spray on pulse points--the wrists, neck and behind the ears--These areas of your skin are warmer than the rest of your body (because blood flows closer to your skin), this little trick will ensure a better fixation of the fragrance, lasting all day on your skin while also offering a better distribution of the fragrance without having too much on one area at once (which could lead to over-scenting).
- Finally: don't use more than one fragrance at once! It may seem like an obvious statement but many people don't realize how strong they smell when they layer scents together rather than wearing just one at a time.
Store perfume in a cool, dry place.
- The most important care tip for keeping your favorite scent around for years to come is to store it properly. Perfume should be stored in a cool, dry place, remember that humidity can accelerate the oxidation process, which in time will turn your perfume into colorful water that smells good for a couple of minutes. To avoid this, never store your fragrances in places where temperatures change drastically (like windowsills), or places where moisture accumulates; this means your bathroom or car.
Keep your perfume bottle clean by wiping with a soft cloth after each use.
- Dust, dirt, fluff and debris can accumulate around your perfume atomizer which will eventually lead to contamination of the fragrance. Remember to regularily clean the cap, atomizer and bottle with a soft cloth to better care for it! (IMPORTANT: Avoid using soap or alcohol to clean your fragrance. A simple cloth damped with warm water will do!)
Take care of your fragrances so they last as long as possible!
To sum it up:
- Don't put it in the bathroom!
- Store it upright.
- Clean the cap and the bottle regularly, especially if you use a spray bottle!
- Keep it in a cool, dry place.
We hope these tips have helped you to better understand how to take care of your perfume. Remember that it's important to keep your fragrance in good condition so that it lasts longer and smells great!